What Is MCT Oil And How Can You Benefit From It?
What Is MCT Oil?
MCT oil or Medium Chain Triglyceride is a specialised type of good fat or oil usually derived from coconut oil and has a different chemical structure from other fats.
There are some naturally occurring MCT oil in butter, cheese and coconut oil, but in smaller quantities.
Here's How You Can Benefit
MCT oil is digested differently, more easily and more quickly than other types of fats. The coconut oil derived MCT oil is easily absorbed in the liver and converted to a type of fuel called ketones. Ketones are like a super fuel for the brain and body. They enable improved energy levels, brain function and physical performance.
Many people report improved focus, clarity, concentration and mood. These benefits can last for the whole day. MCT oil has been extensively studied and shown to provide many health benefits:
- Easier and faster weight and fat loss while retaining muscle
- Increased fullness and reduced hunger
- Instant source of energy for brain with feelings of calm
- Boosts physical energy and stamina
- Supports healthy gut bacteria and digestive function and helps the system fight off toxins
- Increased and faster production of ketones with reduced time to activate nutritional ketosis
- Supports low carb or keto eating
- Excellent fuel for athletes or very active people
- May help manage Epilepsy, Alzheimer’s Disease and Autism as well as recovery from brain related trauma
- Improves the immune system by helping to fight yeast and bacterial growth
- May reduce risk factors for Heart Disease
- Reduces inflammation in the body
- Helps to control blood glucose levels and supports Diabetes management
Overall using MCT oil as a supplement to a healthy low carb diet can have many benefits. It’s important to start with a small dose and build it up slowly.
Generally this means 1-2 teaspoons a day in the morning for the first 1-2 weeks then build up to 3-4 teaspoons or 1 tablespoon once daily in the mornings. MCT oils can be taken off a spoon or added to hot drinks or smoothies.
Most MCT oils come from large corporate plantations that destroy rainforests, but Niulife coconut MCT oil is 100% coconut derived, meaning it's better for small farmers, better for the orangutans and better for the earth. It is also less likely to cause gut upsets.
I Have 3 Types Of MCT Oil
All are available in glass bottles and are sustainably produced.
1 - Coconut Clarity MCT Oil Plus
Contains a fuller profile of MCTs (Medium Chain Triglycerides) through its selection of plant-derived ingredients and is fortified with brain-nourishing omega 3 from chia, camelina and flaxseed oils. This can provide a more sustained energy release over 6 hours - twice as long as regular MCT oil.
2 - Endurance MCT Oil
Fortified with Omega 3 from Chia, Camelina and Flaxseed oils, it can also help to correct omega imbalances that may cause inflammation. Perfect for triathletes, marathoners and other endurance athletes.
3 - Standard Coconut MCT oil
This is a plainer MCT oil with a more neutral flavour.
Where To Buy MCT Oil?
Contact me directly and I can get some sent to you. Contact details here.
Wanting More Information?
Here's a link to an article with more information and studies https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/mct-oil-benefits#section9